8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours (July 1 to Sept 1)
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Register to Vote
Qualifications to Register to Vote
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere
How and Where to Register to Vote
You can register in person at:
The Jefferson County Board of Elections
175 Arsenal Street
Watertown NY 13601
or at any New York State Agency-Based Voter Registration Center (Click HERE for listing)
You can enter your name directly into the NYS Board of Elections mailing list database to have a New York State Voter Registration Form mailed to you. ( NOTE : The same form can be downloaded, using the link below.)
- You can call our 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application.
- You can download a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form.
Print the form, complete and sign it, and mail it to your county board of elections .
- Alternately, you can complete a PDF version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by clicking on the link below, typing the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes. However, the file size of these forms are substantially larger than the above forms, so it may take quite a while for them to load on computers with slower Internet connections.
- Once the form is completed, you need to print the form and sign it. Then, mail the form to your county board of elections .