8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours (July 1 to Sept 1)
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Early voting for the general election
The deadline for those already registered to vote in Jefferson County who want to switch their party affiliation in order to vote in any 2019 primary was Oct. 12, 2018. If you are already registered & you request a party change AFTER Oct. 12, it won't take effect until November 2019. (It's state law.)
Voter registration form
Absentee ballot application
Freedom of Information Act Form
To provide for the registration of voters within Jefferson County and to conduct all federal, state, county, and town elections as required by law.
- To provide registration forms and assist those persons wishing to register.
- Training of election inspectors in procedures used in elections and machine custodians in procedures of voting machines.
- Hiring of election inspectors, custodians, and all election personnel.
- Assistance to village clerks, school districts, and fire districts relative to their elections.
- Statistical data on registration, enrollment and voting.
- To provide a directory of elected officials in Jefferson County.
- To provide assistance to candidates and potential candidates.
- To aid political parties with the procedures of the election laws.
Jefferson County Active Enrollment as of 6/26/19:
|Serve America Movement
|Other - Reform
|Other - Women's Equality
- If you are registering for the first time in Jefferson County you must register 25 days before any election to be eligible to vote in that election.
- If you are already registered in Jefferson County and you move, you may change your address and be eligible to vote through election day.
- To be eligible to vote in a primary election, you must be registered in the party that is having the primary.
- Please call the Board of Elections if you have any questions.
|If this is your first time registering to vote in New York, you need to show identification or send a copy of your drivers license, or some form of ID with your name and address on it.