8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours (July 1 to Sept 1)
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Next election: Early voting for the general election
What are the deadlines to run for office? To register? To file campaign finance reports? (2021 Political Calendar)
Am I registered to vote?
Did you receive my absentee ballot/application?
Where is my poll site?
Your party affiliation switch will now take effect immediately, with the exception every year of the time between Feb. 15 and seven days after the June primary. Requests for party changes made during that time will take effect on the seventh day after the June primary.
Voter registration form
Absentee ballot application
Freedom of Information Act Form
To provide for the registration of voters within Jefferson County and to conduct all federal, state, county, and town elections as required by law.
- To provide registration forms and assist those persons wishing to register.
- Training of election inspectors in procedures used in elections and machine custodians in procedures of voting machines.
- Hiring of election inspectors, custodians, and all election personnel.
- Assistance to village clerks, school districts, and fire districts relative to their elections.
- Statistical data on registration, enrollment and voting.
- To provide a directory of elected officials in Jefferson County.
- To provide assistance to candidates and potential candidates.
- To aid political parties with the procedures of the election laws.
Jefferson County Enrollment as of 06/30/2021:
|Right to Life
- If you are registering for the first time in Jefferson County you must register 25 days before any election to be eligible to vote in that election.
- To be eligible to vote in a primary election, you must be registered in the party that is having the primary.
- Please call the Board of Elections if you have any questions.
|If this is your first time registering to vote in New York, you need to show identification or send a copy of your drivers license, or some form of ID with your name and address on it.