8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours (July 1 to Sept 1)
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The State Board of Elections today reminds all state residents that the deadline to register to vote for the June 23 primaries, including the Democratic presidential primary, is this Friday, May 29, 2020. Mail-in voter registration forms must be postmarked by midnight, May 29, 2020. New Yorkers wanting to register in-person may do so at their county boards of elections but must do so no later than this Friday, May 29, 2020. Please note that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, mail in registration is recommended.
Early voting for primary (open to Democratic and SAM party members only)
Am I registered to vote?
Where is my poll site?
Your party affiliation switch will now take effect immediately, with the exception every year of the time between Feb. 15 and seven days after the June primary. Requests for party changes made during that time will take effect on the seventh day after the June primary.
Voter registration form
Absentee ballot application
Freedom of Information Act Form
To provide for the registration of voters within Jefferson County and to conduct all federal, state, county, and town elections as required by law.
- To provide registration forms and assist those persons wishing to register.
- Training of election inspectors in procedures used in elections and machine custodians in procedures of voting machines.
- Hiring of election inspectors, custodians, and all election personnel.
- Assistance to village clerks, school districts, and fire districts relative to their elections.
- Statistical data on registration, enrollment and voting.
- To provide a directory of elected officials in Jefferson County.
- To provide assistance to candidates and potential candidates.
- To aid political parties with the procedures of the election laws.
Jefferson County Active Enrollment as of 6/26/19:
|Serve America Movement
|Other - Reform
|Other - Women's Equality
- If you are registering for the first time in Jefferson County you must register 25 days before any election to be eligible to vote in that election.
- If you are already registered in Jefferson County and you move, you may change your address and be eligible to vote through election day.
- To be eligible to vote in a primary election, you must be registered in the party that is having the primary.
- Please call the Board of Elections if you have any questions.
|If this is your first time registering to vote in New York, you need to show identification or send a copy of your drivers license, or some form of ID with your name and address on it.