Foster Care is the temporary service provided to ensure the safety and well-being of children
and youth while in out-of-home care.
Foster homes are needed for all ages, but especially for teens and sibling groups.
Help Us Help Children & Families in Our Community
You can apply to become a foster parent if you:
• Are at least 21 years old
• Are in good health
• Are married, single, or living with a partner
• Can make room in your home and heart for a child or children who need safe, temporary care
Services provided to foster parents by the Department of Social Services include:
• Clothing allowance for each child
• Health insurance for each child
• Ongoing training and 24-hour emergency services
• Regular home visits and contact with agency staff
• Room and board payments for the care of the child